I think I am using the wrong Turbo Tax version/product. How can I get advise and switch?

The easiest way to determine if you should itemize/upgrade versions is to follow the TurboTax entry screens and the program will guide you if upgrading seems right for you. However, once you have upgraded, if you change your mind, you have the option to Clear and Start Over.

TurboTax Self Employed is best suited for sole proprietors, independent contractors, consultants, freelancers, or any other independent workers. It will take your business income and expenses to generate Schedule C. If you have no expenses, you may prefer TurboTax Deluxe or Premier (that handle limited entries for Schedule C).

Also, if you need to issue W-2's or 1099's for contractors or employees, you have easy access to Quick Employer Forms with TurboTax Self Employed or Home & Business Desktop.

If none of the above apply to you, you may Clear and Start Over with your return to select a different software version.