turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

momlife47

I submitted my return electronically, now I'm being told to mail it. Why? How do I get this done electronically?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

I submitted my return electronically, now I'm being told to mail it. Why? How do I get this done electronically?

Did you get confirmation your return was accepted, or did you get an email stating your return was rejected? Is this for your federal or state return or both?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
momlife47

No, I haven't received any confirmation. It's only Federal.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

If TurboTax has a message when you log in that your tax return is ready to be mailed first make sure it was successfully transmitted. Double check your e-file status on TurboTax to ensure your tax returns were transmitted properly. You can also check your status on Where’s My Refund?

If it has been successfully transmitted wait until you have confirmation if it has been rejected or accepted to see if you actually need to mail it in.

@momlife47

momlife47

Yes, that's all it says..."Your tax return is ready to be mailed"!!! I have checked the status, that's why I asked here.... Nothing has changed. I filed on Feb 2, I should have received an email by now. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

It sounds like your return is set to be filed by mail as opposed to e-file. If you wish to switch to e-file, please follow the instructions here

If you need additional assistance, please click here to contact customer support. 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies