momlife47

I submitted my return electronically, now I'm being told to mail it. Why? How do I get this done electronically?

BrandiLO

Did you get confirmation your return was accepted, or did you get an email stating your return was rejected? Is this for your federal or state return or both?

momlife47

No, I haven't received any confirmation. It's only Federal.

JeanneLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

If TurboTax has a message when you log in that your tax return is ready to be mailed first make sure it was successfully transmitted. Double check your e-file status on TurboTax to ensure your tax returns were transmitted properly. You can also check your status on Where’s My Refund?

If it has been successfully transmitted wait until you have confirmation if it has been rejected or accepted to see if you actually need to mail it in.

@momlife47

momlife47

Yes, that's all it says..."Your tax return is ready to be mailed"!!! I have checked the status, that's why I asked here.... Nothing has changed. I filed on Feb 2, I should have received an email by now. 

CarissaM

It sounds like your return is set to be filed by mail as opposed to e-file. If you wish to switch to e-file, please follow the instructions here

If you need additional assistance, please click here to contact customer support.