Ask the Experts about the new tax laws! >> Event happening TODAY!
aguiar-cas

I still cannot file my CA taxes Says that it's incomplete, yet I have recieved my Federal Return already.

IreneS

UPDATED FOR TAX YEAR 2019

To e-file the state itself you will have to wait until your federal return has been accepted.  Then you can go back into TurboTax and e-file your state.

Follow these steps to e-file your state return once the federal return has been accepted: 

1. Sign back in to your TurboTax account.  You will be on your Tax Home screen.
  2. Scroll down to the 2019 menu towards the bottom of the screen.
  3. Click on the Add a State box at the bottom of the screen.   [Don't worry, we're not really adding a state, this is just a way to re-enter your return since the federal return has been filed and accepted.]
  4. If you not completed your state return, click on the State Taxes tab.  If you have completed your state return, click on the File tab and go through the prompts to file your state return.

[Edited | 4/14/2020 |  7:59am PDT]

IreneS

UPDATED FOR TAX YEAR 2019

[Edited | 4/14/2020 |  7:59am PDT]