turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I started to amend my taxes, and once I reached the page where you could print what needed to get mailed in, I had to close the browser. How do I get back to that page?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

I started to amend my taxes, and once I reached the page where you could print what needed to get mailed in, I had to close the browser. How do I get back to that page?

If it says you have already prepared an amended return then it must have saved the return before you closed the browers.

The Print Center has the most current version of the return with any filing instructions.

After you make changes to your tax return, the "Download/print pdf" on your Tax Home page does not update right away. Printing directly from the Print Center will give you the most up-to-date copy of your return including any changes you have made. You can also select to download or view all forms and worksheets, so you have a pdf copy of your full return.

If your return is still active, you can click on Tax Tools on the left, and then Print Center.

If your return thinks you have already filed, this TurboTax FAQ has directions to open the Print Center.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6454241

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

If it says you have already prepared an amended return then it must have saved the return before you closed the browers.

The Print Center has the most current version of the return with any filing instructions.

After you make changes to your tax return, the "Download/print pdf" on your Tax Home page does not update right away. Printing directly from the Print Center will give you the most up-to-date copy of your return including any changes you have made. You can also select to download or view all forms and worksheets, so you have a pdf copy of your full return.

If your return is still active, you can click on Tax Tools on the left, and then Print Center.

If your return thinks you have already filed, this TurboTax FAQ has directions to open the Print Center.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6454241

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
EboniO

Once you log in to you TurboTax account .Go to my tax timeline choose to Download all forms and worksheets. Ensure that the forms for your amendment say 1040x .On the next page  click Download my return.
After  downloading , select the PDF and open it. printer icon at the top of the screen, click that; or if you have a File menu in the upper left corner, open that and select Print.

The only forms that were available were 1040EZ and my health care exemption sheet but when i try to amend it again it says that ive already prepared an amended return
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies