pdnielsen

I started on line. Now changing to the downloaded version. I saved the on line data into a file that has a tax2018 extension. How do I import this now

Did you get the program installed ok?  After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW).

Then go up to FILE - OPEN and it should find the .tax2018 file or you can browse to where you saved it.

I see you looked at this FAQ.  Are you stuck on a step?
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901476-how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-the-turbotax-softw...>