turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

roblk65

I started my return using Turbo Tax Self Employed but now wnat to change form to Deluxe. How do I do that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CarolynB

I started my return using Turbo Tax Self Employed but now wnat to change form to Deluxe. How do I do that?

Although you can now downgrade with our newly-implemented Clear and Start Over feature, keep in mind that our various TurboTax "flavors" handle different tax situations and their associated forms.

For example, if you want to downgrade from Deluxe to Federal Free Edition and you're itemizing (Schedule A), you can clear and start over with the free edition, but once you enter your itemized deductions in the free edition, you'll be asked once again to upgrade to Deluxe.

Also keep in mind that if you have already registered or paid, the clear and start over feature will not work.

Read more about common tax situations and the online versions that support them.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
CarolynB

Although you can now downgrade with our newly-implemented Clear and Start Over feature, keep in mind that our various TurboTax "flavors" handle different tax situations and their associated forms.

For example, if you want to downgrade from Deluxe to Federal Free Edition and you're itemizing (Schedule A), you can clear and start over with the free edition, but once you enter your itemized deductions in the free edition, you'll be asked once again to upgrade to Deluxe.

Also keep in mind that if you have already registered or paid, the clear and start over feature will not work.

Read more about common tax situations and the online versions that support them.
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies