turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I started deliveries with UberEats in November 2017, grossed less than $600, so Uber did not provide 1099-Misc...do I need to report that income, if so how?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I started deliveries with UberEats in November 2017, grossed less than $600, so Uber did not provide 1099-Misc...do I need to report that income, if so how?

Yes, you still need to report the income and you can enter your Uber income as self-employed income/expenses for Schedule C without Form 1099 by following the instructions below -

• Log into your account and click Take Me To My Return (you must click this before searching if you are not already in your account)
  • Type “Schedule C" in the search box, top right of your screen, then click the magnifying glass
  • Click the "jump to schedule c" link in the search results.
  • You will arrive at the Your Business summary page where you can add/edit a business
  • If you have not set up your business profile, the program will ask you a series of basic questions to establish your profile 
  • Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your business income and expenses
  • For entering income, there will be two main sections:  one specifically for income reported on a Form 1099-MISC and one for all other additional income (including cash, checks, or income reported on a Form 1099-K).  There is an additional section for uncommon income, but you will use "all other additional income.”  See screenshot below.
  • After entering your income, you can proceed to the expenses section to deduct any business expenses for the Uber Income (such as gas and platform fees)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Yes, you still need to report the income and you can enter your Uber income as self-employed income/expenses for Schedule C without Form 1099 by following the instructions below -

• Log into your account and click Take Me To My Return (you must click this before searching if you are not already in your account)
  • Type “Schedule C" in the search box, top right of your screen, then click the magnifying glass
  • Click the "jump to schedule c" link in the search results.
  • You will arrive at the Your Business summary page where you can add/edit a business
  • If you have not set up your business profile, the program will ask you a series of basic questions to establish your profile 
  • Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your business income and expenses
  • For entering income, there will be two main sections:  one specifically for income reported on a Form 1099-MISC and one for all other additional income (including cash, checks, or income reported on a Form 1099-K).  There is an additional section for uncommon income, but you will use "all other additional income.”  See screenshot below.
  • After entering your income, you can proceed to the expenses section to deduct any business expenses for the Uber Income (such as gas and platform fees)

Thanks!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies