turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I sold furniture that I built but do not have my clients tax ID info. How do I file my self employment income without a EIN or SS# thatthat turbo tax is asking me for?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
NancyG

I sold furniture that I built but do not have my clients tax ID info. How do I file my self employment income without a EIN or SS# thatthat turbo tax is asking me for?

To enter self-employment income not reported to you on a 1099-MISC, type “Schedule C” in the Search box and then select the “Jump to” link. 

This will take you to where you can enter any cash, personal checks or credit card payments (Form 1099-K) related to your self-employment. You may be asked some general questions about your business.

After you answer them, you’ll be taken to the Your Business screen where you can enter this income as Additional Income under Business Income.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
NancyG

To enter self-employment income not reported to you on a 1099-MISC, type “Schedule C” in the Search box and then select the “Jump to” link. 

This will take you to where you can enter any cash, personal checks or credit card payments (Form 1099-K) related to your self-employment. You may be asked some general questions about your business.

After you answer them, you’ll be taken to the Your Business screen where you can enter this income as Additional Income under Business Income.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies