turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

whski13

I sent my federal returns via mail because I did not have my AIG #. At what point can I finish my state return? it is not letting me.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I sent my federal returns via mail because I did not have my AIG #. At what point can I finish my state return? it is not letting me.

http://www.revenue.pa.gov/FormsandPublications/FormsforIndividuals/Documents/Personal%20Income%20Tax...

Direct deposit is only available in PA for those that e-file. Paper filers must choose check as a refund. See the first page of the link above and on the right center of the first page read the paragraph for Direct Deposit.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

You can finish your state return now.  You can't efile it, however.  It  has to be printed, signed, and mailed.

Do you need to know how to open it back up to finish and file the state return?
whski13

Actually I just read that it cannot be filed right now because I chose direct deposit for my Federal Taxes.  Am I not allowed to use direct deposit?

Most people use direct deposit for their Federal refunds.   I don't know what you read or what you are referring to.

What happens when you try to finish and file the state return by mail?  What do you encounter such that it won't let you?
whski13

I click start when I see: Get Ready to save and file your returns.  I cannot e-file since I don't have my AIG # so I click "File by mail". "Change Filing Methods" box comes up.  Since I already mailed by Federal Tax Return (even though it is still there as an option) I look down to my PA Tax Return and it says "File by mail is not available because you have selected to direct deposit your refund.  If you want to file by mail, please update your refund method to Check.  We will give you the option of printing out your return for your records after you file."

Maybe it is something specific to PA.  Maybe a check is a PA requirement when filing by mail.  I'll see if I can find someone familiar with PA.  Check back later today.  You can also set your notifications to be alerted when someone posts here.

I'm still trying to find someone familiar with PA.   You didn't specifically say, but are you due a PA state refund, and did you choose direct deposit for it initially?

http://www.revenue.pa.gov/FormsandPublications/FormsforIndividuals/Documents/Personal%20Income%20Tax...

Direct deposit is only available in PA for those that e-file. Paper filers must choose check as a refund. See the first page of the link above and on the right center of the first page read the paragraph for Direct Deposit.

whski13

how do I change my way of receiving the money in turbo tax?
whski13

I figured it out

Great!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies