Solved: I see that the TurboTax program does not show personal exemptions and means I have an additional $8000 plus of taxable income; did your program leave something out?

I see that the TurboTax program does not show personal exemptions and means I have an additional $8000 plus of taxable income; did your program leave something out?

There doesn't seem to be a form which shows what my taxable income is figured on.  The 1040 form just throws some numbers on there, but doesn't mention personal exemptions.  Nor is schedule A listed under forms.  How do I know that you are doing what I need to be done?

Beginning in 2018, due to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) that Congress signed into law on December 22, 2017, the personal exemption has been eliminated

Instead, the Standard Deduction has been increased to the following:

• Single/Married File Separate- $12,000
  • Head of Household- $18,000
  • Married Filing Joint- $24,000

Due to the increase in the Standard Deduction, many filers that are used to Itemizing Deductions on Schedule A no longer have to because their Itemized Deductions are less than the Standard Deduction.  TurboTax automatically chooses the higher of the two.

Personal exemptions are gone for 2018 with new tax law.

• Single/Married File Separate- $12,000
  • Head of Household- $18,000
  • Married Filing Joint- $24,000