falin5555

I received stock in my company on 1/1/18. The estimate of these shares are $4/sh.What and where do I report the shares that I have received? If I have to report anything?

My company is being sold next month and they are buying 60% of the shares for about $7/share. But I haven't received any money nor sold anything in 2018. Do I report and pay taxes on these shares or just when the shares are sold? Also, are they considered long-term capital gains for last year (if applicable) if I received them 1/1/18?

You pay taxes only when the stock is sold, probably in 2019. Since you have held the stock for longer than a year, it would be a long-term capital gaIn.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing