mtyfat

I received SDI payments. My employer has FMLA. Am I expecting a 1099-G or am I entitled to select "Paid Family Leave" ? #confused

Irene2805

FMLA is Family Medical Leave Act, and sometimes this is time off with pay and other times it is time off without pay, or a combination of the two.

• If you were paid while you were off, it should be included in the W-2 you received from the employer and is taxed just the same as regular wages.  
  • If you were not paid while off on FMLA there is nothing you need to do different on your taxes. 

SDI benefits, are not taxable by either the IRS, or by most states. Therefore, you would not receive a tax form for it (because you don't have to enter those benefits into your tax returns).