• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coffmanjt

I received payment t coupons when I paid my taxes. Must I pay the future taxes with the coupons, or can I just adjust my W4 to increase my tax withholding?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Texas Roger
Level 15

I received payment t coupons when I paid my taxes. Must I pay the future taxes with the coupons, or can I just adjust my W4 to increase my tax withholding?

Yes you can adjust your withholding on your W-4 rather than paying any quarterly estimated taxes. If you do that, just ignore the estimated tax payment vouchers. Remember to account for the fact that you are making the change to withholding at least 2 months into the year. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Texas Roger
Level 15

Yes you can adjust your withholding on your W-4 rather than paying any quarterly estimated taxes. If you do that, just ignore the estimated tax payment vouchers. Remember to account for the fact that you are making the change to withholding at least 2 months into the year. 

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v