thesnelson5

I received notice today that my turbotax completed return with a refund was rejected and I owe. Does TurboTax support if they did not calculate correctly?

Was you efile Accepted but you got a bill from the IRS?  The letter should say what they changed.

A common adjustment is if you claimed the Recovery rebate credit on 1040 line 30 when you already got the Stimulus payment or got the second one after you filed or reported the wrong amounts or entered them in the wrong box.  Do you have an amount on line 30?

Turbo Tax only guarantees the calculations based on the entries you made.  It has no way of knowing or checking that you entered something wrong or in the wrong place or entered something twice  Or left something out.  It doesn't check against any outside sources.  The IRS has copies of all the W2s and 1099s your employer and banks/brokers, etc. sent in to match against.  Turbo Tax only checks the calculations of what you entered.   It is your responsibility to check it over before you file.  They only Guarantee that the calculations are right based on the entries you made.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/what-is-the-turbotax-100-accurate-calculatio...

Wait---what do you mean by "rejected?"    If your e-file was accepted, then do not use the word "rejected" to refer to your tax return.   Rejected would mean they did not receive it and did not process it at all.   Sounds like your return was accepted and processed but they reduced your refund.  That is not the same as "rejected."

Lots of people have made  mistakes with the recovery rebate credit and had an amount on line 30 for the stimulus payment when they already got the payment;  the IRS cross checks and reduces your refund if you already got the stimulus payments.  Do you have an amount on line 30?

The TT accuracy guarantee covers calculation errors.   It does not cover user errors like incorrect information you enter or income you leave out when you prepare your tax return.

If you entered something incorrectly then the IRS recalculates and it is possible for you to owe.