I received another W2 and would like to file it.
Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

I received another W2 and would like to file it.

1 Reply
Level 2

I received another W2 and would like to file it.

If you have not already e-filed, you can go back and add the additional income under wages and income tab. 

To add another W-2 please follow the steps below:

  1. Open (continue) your return in TurboTax if you don't already have it open.
  2. Inside TurboTax, search for W-2 in the search box in the upper right-hand of the TurboTax screen (upper- or lower-case, with or without the dash) and then select the Jump to W-2 link in the search results.
  3. Proceed to the Here's your W-2 info and select add another W-2

Unfortunately, if you have already e-filed your return it is too late. Once you transmit your return you cannot change it or get it back. You would have to wait until your return gets rejected or accepted.  If rejected, you can make your changes or add information to your return. If accepted, you would need to amend your return to correct or add information to your return. 

If you need to amend your return and you're amending to claim more money, the IRS says to wait until you've received your original refund before filing an amendment. Once you've received your original refund, feel free to cash or spend it while your amendment gets processed (this can take 12–16 weeks). 3 weeks after you mailed your amendment, you can start tracking its progress at the IRS Where's My Amended Return? site.

More information regarding amending a return can be found below: 


Dynamic Ads
Privacy Settings