Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
t9trutru

I received an e-mail stating that my bank account info was updated. I never enter any bank account info neither did I updated it. What do I do?

4 Replies
mesquitebean
Level 15

I received an e-mail stating that my bank account info was updated. I never enter any bank account info neither did I updated it. What do I do?

@t9trutru 

This is mainly a user community forum, and nothing account-specific can be handled here.  

We won't know in this user forum if the email is legitimate or not.  Was it an email that seemed to be from TurboTax/Intuit?  

What did it ask you to do?  Was it wanting any information?   If so, do NOT provide any.

Be aware that from time to time there are scam emails going around pretending to be from Intuit/TurboTax, but trying to steal your personal info or to plant malware.  So do not click on any links in the email, and do not download any attachments, and do not reply to the email.

Please phone TurboTax Customer Support in the morning during business hours so they can question you and investigate your account.   They can help determine if your email is real.   In the meantime, you can log in and review your account info, and while in your account, you should probably change your account password.

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern), 7 days/week

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Jaeleighmae100

I chose to have my money put on a turbo tax card, why would I get bank account information?

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

You might want to review your bank account information to make sure that your account is correct in TurboTax by following these steps:

1. On the left hand side of your screen select File,
  2.  Follow the prompts for Step 1.
  3. When you get to Step 2, this is where the bank account information will be. Follow the prompts to edit your bank account information.  

If you have already filed and submitted your tax return you are unable to edit the bank account information once the return has been accepted. If your return has been filed and submitted and rejected then you are able to change the information, just follow the steps above. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mesquitebean
Level 15

@Jaeleighmae100  wrote:

I chose to have my money put on a turbo tax card, why would I get bank account information?

We won't know any specifics about an email you received in this user community forum.   As TurboTax ReginaM suggested above, it's a good idea to review any bank account information showing in your return.   Here's some more info:

A  Turbo Card, like other prepaid debit cards, uses an underlying bank account at the card company.  That's why a prepaid card has a routing and account number.  Maybe it's referencing that.

Also, if you chose to pay any fees out of your Federal refund, an intermediary company opens a bank account in your name at a third-party bank.  That intermediary bank receives your deposit from the IRS, subtracts the funds, then sends the rest on to your bank.  So maybe it's referencing that.

In any case, I don't know specifically what you are experiencing and have no way of knowing if any particular email is legitimate or not.   I provided info in my answer above on how to contact TurboTax Support if you have questions about an email you received.

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.

3.49m
Members

2.62m
Discussions

Manage cookies
v