Solved: I received an abstract of judgement payment for $45,000 in my divorce decree to equalize division of property (not alimony or support). Do I report that as income?

I received an abstract of judgement payment for $45,000 in my divorce decree to equalize division of property (not alimony or support). Do I report that as income?

This judgment was for division of property only, not to be interpreted as Spousal/Alimony or child support.

Division of property is not income for the recipient and it is not a tax deduction for the payer.

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
**If a post answers your question, choose it by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer".**