turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

knewbaker

I received a w2 from Austria Hof, And I did not work for them in 2016. I declared the w2 when I filed, just now, but, What do I do?

THw w2 says that I received a $537.25 from Austria Hof, but, I didn't work for them, nor received a paycheck from them for that amount in 2016
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DDollar
Expert Alumni

I received a w2 from Austria Hof, And I did not work for them in 2016. I declared the w2 when I filed, just now, but, What do I do?

You need to resolve that issue with the employer.  If you received a W-2, that means that information was reported to the IRS.  If you don't report it, then the IRS will send you a letter proposing an adjustment to your return.  It will be much easier to resolve with the employer than the IRS.  There isn't anything you can do from a filing standpoint other than not include it on your return, and then print and mail it to the IRS with a letter of explanation.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DDollar
Expert Alumni

You need to resolve that issue with the employer.  If you received a W-2, that means that information was reported to the IRS.  If you don't report it, then the IRS will send you a letter proposing an adjustment to your return.  It will be much easier to resolve with the employer than the IRS.  There isn't anything you can do from a filing standpoint other than not include it on your return, and then print and mail it to the IRS with a letter of explanation.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies