rolandobelloc

I received a partial payment of my federal refund. Does this have anything to do with government shutdown? Is this normal?

ChrisVonHoep

After acceptance, the next step is for the government to review your refund (processing).
During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.
If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.
Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.

It can take up to 21 calendar days after acceptance for the IRS to issue your refund, although most refunds go more quickly than that, while a small handful may take a bit longer.
beccain66

I had a tax warrant and I paid it off so I’m wondering if I was shortened because of the tax warrant? If so, now it’s paid off when will I get the balance back?

thanks,

Becky Bates

[phone number removed]

TiffanyL

We don't have access to account information here in this forum. Assuming that you used the Refund Transfer process with TurboTax, you can use the FAQ link provided below to look up more information and get assistance with your partial refund. I would also suggest checking with the IRS directly:

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group

@rolandobelloc