turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a notification about forms for Depreciation Schedule C and Form 2016 are not available till 02/01. Can I still continue to file my return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SamiaI
Employee Tax Expert

I received a notification about forms for Depreciation Schedule C and Form 2016 are not available till 02/01. Can I still continue to file my return?

Depreciation (Form 4562 for schedule C) will be ready to be e-filed on 2/01/2018 (that is the expected release date).You will not be able to e-file your return till the depreciation form is available at a later date.

The IRS will not start processing returns until January 29. If you e-file before then, you will have to wait till IRS starts processing them.

Please check Form Availability Dates for the most up-to-date information. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SamiaI
Employee Tax Expert

Depreciation (Form 4562 for schedule C) will be ready to be e-filed on 2/01/2018 (that is the expected release date).You will not be able to e-file your return till the depreciation form is available at a later date.

The IRS will not start processing returns until January 29. If you e-file before then, you will have to wait till IRS starts processing them.

Please check Form Availability Dates for the most up-to-date information. 

You page says this will be available 2/1/18, it is now 2/2/18 afternoon. What is real date?

Form 4562 Depreciation for Schedule C says that it will be available on 1/31/18.  It is now 2/6/18.  Do you have any idea of the correct date.  Please advise.

this seems to be a huge problem for many people, and there has been absolutely no updates from the turbotax team. Give some customer service and do the right thing and update this!!!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies