Solved: I received a letter stating I was selected for rev...

I received a letter stating I was selected for review and the process could take up to 60 days. Has anyone experienced this before ?

Selection for an audit does not always suggest there’s a problem. The IRS uses several different methods:

• Random selection and computer screening - sometimes returns are selected based solely on a statistical formula. They compare your tax return against “norms” for similar returns. They develop these “norms” from audits of a statistically valid random sample of returns, as part of the National Research Program the IRS conducts. The IRS uses this program to update return selection information.
  • Related examinations – They may select your returns when they involve issues or transactions with other taxpayers, such as business partners or investors, whose returns were selected for audit.