Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

j-alcaraz

I received a 1099-k from lyft with gross income in California but I worked part in Texas and was not split. is it ok for me to split accordingly?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Patrice

I received a 1099-k from lyft with gross income in California but I worked part in Texas and was not split. is it ok for me to split accordingly?

Yes, it is ok to allocate (split) the Lyft income that you made in California from the Lyft income that you earned in Texas (if you were not a resident of California when you earned the income). You would enter the entire income amount in your federal return and when you complete your California part-year state return TurboTax will give you an opportunity allocate (split) the income that was only earned in California.  Since Texas doesn't have a state income tax then you would not file a Texas state return, however you must indicate in the Personal section of TurboTax that you earned income in 2 different states so that your part-year California return will allow you to split the income and so you won't be taxed in California on income that you earned in Texas.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Patrice

Yes, it is ok to allocate (split) the Lyft income that you made in California from the Lyft income that you earned in Texas (if you were not a resident of California when you earned the income). You would enter the entire income amount in your federal return and when you complete your California part-year state return TurboTax will give you an opportunity allocate (split) the income that was only earned in California.  Since Texas doesn't have a state income tax then you would not file a Texas state return, however you must indicate in the Personal section of TurboTax that you earned income in 2 different states so that your part-year California return will allow you to split the income and so you won't be taxed in California on income that you earned in Texas.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies