Solved: I received a 1099-k from lyft with gross income in California but I worked part in Texas and was not split. is it ok for me to split accordingly?

j-alcaraz

I received a 1099-k from lyft with gross income in California but I worked part in Texas and was not split. is it ok for me to split accordingly?

Patrice

Yes, it is ok to allocate (split) the Lyft income that you made in California from the Lyft income that you earned in Texas (if you were not a resident of California when you earned the income). You would enter the entire income amount in your federal return and when you complete your California part-year state return TurboTax will give you an opportunity allocate (split) the income that was only earned in California.  Since Texas doesn't have a state income tax then you would not file a Texas state return, however you must indicate in the Personal section of TurboTax that you earned income in 2 different states so that your part-year California return will allow you to split the income and so you won't be taxed in California on income that you earned in Texas.

Patrice