rmbenito1990

I received a 1099-INT and 1099-MISC as part of class lawsuit. The amount is the same on both forms (BOX 3 for MISC and BOX 1 for INT). Do I enter both forms?

Do I need to enter both forms when filing even though the amount is the same (as well as the PAYERs ID number and the account number)?

JulieCo

Yes, if you received two different 1099 forms, then you will need to enter both of the forms.  

(Unless you received notice that one was a corrected 1099 to replace the other one, then you would only enter the corrected one.  See if one has the "corrected" box marked at the top of the form.  Then you will want to contact the issuer of the 1099 forms for an explanation.)  

JulieCo