Solved: I receive ssi and I have two children. How would I put in my income to file my taxes?
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I receive ssi and I have two children. How would I put in my income to file my taxes?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 4

I receive ssi and I have two children. How would I put in my income to file my taxes?

If your only income is Supplemental Security Income is not taxable and you are not required to file a tax return. There's no tax withheld from this type of income so there is no refund available.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 4

If your only income is Supplemental Security Income is not taxable and you are not required to file a tax return. There's no tax withheld from this type of income so there is no refund available.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

So I would not be able to get the child credit even though I have 2 children I care for
Highlighted
Level 4

Unfortunately, you would need some taxable income to file a federal return and claim the credit.
v
Privacy Settings