I purchased TurboTax with State however the progra...

I purchased TurboTax with State however the program wants to charge me $39.99, what is wrong. Last year it was a simply click to download.

Where did you purchase the software?  If you purchased the Deluxe edition from a retailer then that edition is sold with or without a state program included in the purchase price.  Look on the box to verify the CD includes one state program.

If you purchased the Basic desktop edition, that edition does not include a state program in the purchase price.

I understand there are two different editions of Delux available. The download was purchased from Costco and clearly states "with State". I need to have Turbotax resolve the matter as I do not want to spend $39.99 for something already purchased. I appreciate you time in responding and trying to help.

You are posting from online TurboTax so it looks like instead of using the desktop software you  purchased you may have strayed into online TT by mistake--which is why it is asking for extra fees.

When you use desktop software you should not be "logging in" with an account or user ID.  What did you do?