Solved: I purchased Turbo Tax Premier Desktop Version. Whe...

ankit428+turbo

I purchased Turbo Tax Premier Desktop Version. When I try to file the tax it asks me to pay another $44.99 to file the taxes. Why am I being asked to pay additionally?

Do you need to buy a second state?  

Or there is a 24.99 fee to efile a state return but you can print and mail state for free.  If you want to have the 24.99 deducted from your federal refund there is an extra 39.99 Refund Processing Service charge (44.99 in California) which you can avoid by paying with a credit card.

Are you in California?  In California Desktop program to remove Audit Defense and Premium Services you have to change to pay the 24.99 state efile fee by credit card and not by having it deducted from your federal refund.  Or print and mail state for free.  Go back through the File tab again and change to pay with a credit card.  Then if Audit Defense is still there you can remove it.

Go back through the File tab.  You need to read the screens carefully and slowly.  And watch what you click on.  There is one screen that can trip you up.  I think people get going too fast at the end to file and don't pay attention to what they are clicking on to continue.

Do you need to buy a second state?  

juliesmiles

I'm only filing one state return?  Why is it asking for $44.99?

juliesmiles

Thank you - that worked!