I purchased Turbo Tax Business State WI. For my Home and Business return, I need to file WI, as well as IL. If I use IL as my free state, do I need to repurchase WI?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I purchased Turbo Tax Business State WI. For my Home and Business return, I need to file WI, as well as IL. If I use IL as my free state, do I need to repurchase WI?

When filing my LLC return with Turbo Tax Business, I had to purchase and download Wisconsin.  I'm now filing my personal return with Turbo Tax Home & Business and will need to file with Wisconsin, as well as Illinois.  Do I need to purchase and download Wisconsin again if I use the free state to download Illinois? 

1 Reply
Level 15

"If I use IL as my free state, do I need to repurchase WI?"

Yes. TurboTax Business State is a different product so you will need to purchase the individual state income tax version from within TurboTax Home & Business (if you use IL as your free state).

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings