mattbilotti

I purchased/exercised ISO shares and know I will need to pay AMT. I can't find anywhere in the AMT section of TurboTax to add # of shares and strike price. What do I do?

AmyC

That information goes on the Schedule D and Turbo Tax will calculate the AMT for you. Unfortunately, the AMT worksheet is not scheduled to be released until January 29, 2020 and then Turbo Tax will work quickly to incorporate it into the return system.

You can check this link for any updates to the form 6251.

wrus09

Hey there,

For reference: I purchased (but did not sell) ISOs in 2019 and need to report the AMT I know I will owe, and even after upgrading cannot access this tool

I've upgraded to TurboTax Premier

I cannot find the ISO worksheet needed to complete form 6251 (I also cannot find 6251) anywhere.

When I attempt to access through federal income section, none of the options allow me to designate shares purchased. TurboTax help says that once upgraded, I can fill out this form, but after searching the internet I cannot find any way to get to it.

Can you please explain how to get to the ISO worksheet to complete this form?