Solved: I provided the Feds with e-pay info for the $6K I owe, but the e-file process failed. I now will mail hardcopy return; should I include a check and pay twice?

I provided the Feds with e-pay info for the $6K I owe, but the e-file process failed. I now will mail hardcopy return; should I include a check and pay twice?

Check your return. The direct debit should not show up on your paper returns. Since you weren't able to e-file, the IRS never got the direct debit information. To be on the safe side, go through the file section of TurboTax and delete the direct debit information.

If you don't want to mail a check, you can use the IRS's Direct Pay service, which lets you pay your taxes directly out of your checking or savings account – just like direct debit.