Ask the Experts about the new tax laws! >> Event happening TODAY!
vanessasotomayor

I paid turbo tax but they never filed my 2018 taxes

Paying the fee does not file your return.

Something must have gone wrong with your e-file.  Either you did not actually go all the way through to the orange button that said "Transmit Return Now" and complete the process, or your tax return was rejected and you did not notice or follow up.  

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Note:  The desktop software you need to prepare the prior year return must be installed/downloaded to a full PC or Mac.  It cannot be used on a mobile device.

If you are getting a refund, there is not a penalty for filing past the deadline.  If you owe taxes, the interest/penalties will be calculated by the IRS based on how much you owe and when they receive your return and payment. The IRS will bill you for this; it will not be calculated by TurboTax.