tannyafisher

I paid all living expenses for my daughter who lives with me but do not want to claim her as a dependent. How do I do that on Turbotax?

tannyafisher

Sorry, my original question was incomplete. I want to file as Head of Household because I supported my daughter but do not want to claim her as a dependent.  I'm able to do that when I file by paper, how do I do that with TurboTax?

tannyafisher

AmyW

TurboTax will automatically walk you through the process when you add the dependent on the tax return as long as you are the custodial parent that the child lived with for more than half of the year. If your child lived with you for more than half of the year, and you indicate that in the personal information section, then you will have the option to claim your child as a non-dependent for EIC and that the other parent is claiming the child as a dependent.