beny

I paid $2800 to a book publisher for my book on 2017. Can I declare it as expense in my 2017 income tax filling with you please? Thanks. Benito Rey

LeeM

Yes, as long as it is not a hobby, (meaning that you are earning or attempting to earn a profit) you can deduct those publishing fees and other business expenses from your fiction writer income on your personal tax return on Schedule C. 

You can find more information about business expenses at the link here: https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/self-employment-taxes/reporting-self-employment-business-income...

beny

Thanks. Beny