ramoslaederach

I own my home but don't have a mortgage, I made some energy improvements but Turbotax thinks I have a new home.

FaithY

I suggest you review your entry of the energy improvements and the answers to the questions in that section to see why TurboTax thinks you have a new home. Qualified energy-saving improvements are entered in Deductions & Credits:

1. Open your return, if you don't already have it open.
  2. In TurboTax, search for energy improvements. (Do not search for "energy credit," as this will take you to the wrong place in the program.)
  3. Click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  4. At the bottom of the Energy-Saving Home Improvements screen, answer Yes and continue. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Tip: You can see which energy-saving home improvements qualify for a federal tax credit at the Energy Star website.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2900875