Solved: I own a substantial balance on the 2018 federal return. Can I file the return using Turbo Tax, and mail the Form 1040-V to the Internal Revenue Service with my check?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user427999240

I own a substantial balance on the 2018 federal return. Can I file the return using Turbo Tax, and mail the Form 1040-V to the Internal Revenue Service with my check?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Rachel_W
Level 4

I own a substantial balance on the 2018 federal return. Can I file the return using Turbo Tax, and mail the Form 1040-V to the Internal Revenue Service with my check?

Yes, you can e-file your Federal Tax Return and mail the Form 1040-V with your payment to the IRS by April 15, 2019.

Here are your payment options for your Federal balance due:

• Set up in TurboTax for your payment to be debited from your account and sent to the IRS on a specific date.  Click here for instructions: How does Direct Debit Work? 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Rachel_W
Level 4

Yes, you can e-file your Federal Tax Return and mail the Form 1040-V with your payment to the IRS by April 15, 2019.

Here are your payment options for your Federal balance due:

• Set up in TurboTax for your payment to be debited from your account and sent to the IRS on a specific date.  Click here for instructions: How does Direct Debit Work? 

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings