aleguillou

I opt to pay NJ state with my debt card since finishing and submitting my returns in February until to date there has not been no charges yet for the payment

ddaven12

During non-peak times, funds are usually withdrawn on the payment date you specify, assuming your e-filed return has already been accepted (received) by the State.

Due to high e-filing volume, it can take a little longer to process the payment and then it can take your bank another few days to post the debit to your account.

No worries; as long as you selected April 18, 2017 (or earlier) as your payment date, you won't get penalized for a late payment. Since it has been more than 10 days after your return has been accepted, you can contact The State of New Jersey Division of Taxation at 609-292-6400 M-F from 8:30 am-4:30 pm for assistance in confirming the scheduled debit date.

ddaven12