turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I noticed in my timeline you were supposed to charge me $126.98. I noticed my refund reflects a charge of $161.97. $34.99 OVER what my timeline says you would charge.

I want to see a detailed bill/receipt. I feel I was overcharged due to my timeline order details not reflecting the proper charge from my refund.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ClarkeB

I noticed in my timeline you were supposed to charge me $126.98. I noticed my refund reflects a charge of $161.97. $34.99 OVER what my timeline says you would charge.

You can view the current fees on your TurboTax account using these steps:

After signing in to (continuing) your online return, select Tools from the My Account drop-down list in the upper right corner.

In the pop-up window, click the My Fees button (image attached) this will give you a breakdown of your charges.

For additional information about accessing your fees please click the link below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

If you feel your fees are not correct you can contact a customer service using this link:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ClarkeB

You can view the current fees on your TurboTax account using these steps:

After signing in to (continuing) your online return, select Tools from the My Account drop-down list in the upper right corner.

In the pop-up window, click the My Fees button (image attached) this will give you a breakdown of your charges.

For additional information about accessing your fees please click the link below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

If you feel your fees are not correct you can contact a customer service using this link:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Yes, Again, the total in my Fees and the amount withdrawn DO NOT MATCH!!!

Are you including the EXTRA 34.99 for the Refund Processing Service Charge?  
So Federal + State  + 34.99 Processing charge.
ClarkeB

If you choose to deduct the TurboTax fees from your refund, there is a $34.99 Refund Processing Fee for that service, since an intermediary bank has to intercept your refund from the IRS, deduct the TurboTax fees, and then forward the balance to your bank. The bank charges for that service.

This is a separate fee outside of e-filing your state and federal returns. So yes, Federal + State + Refund Processing Fee of 34.99 + anything else that you opted into that has a fee = what you were charged.

Oh you said the Timeline.  Did you check the actual Fees here?  I
How to find your fees…
Click on My Account at the top, then on Tools
Click on My Fees
A window will pop up that shows the fees

If you already filed you might have to select Add A State to open your return for all the options to show up under My Account.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies