ferguson-reyna

I notice that my filing status looks as if my son file hoh and not me the adult am I miss reading this return form

LeonardS

Did your son file his own tax return as Head of Household and include you on his tax return?

JohnB5677

The filing status applies to the taxpayer.  If this is your tax return the Head of Household classification belongs to you.

On the other hand it is possible that if your son supports you (including other conditions) that he could claim Head of Household.

The key is that the TAX STATUS belongs to whoever the tax return is prepared for.

The HOH filing status belongs to the taxpayer & spouse  NOT to the dependent ... so who is listed as the taxpayer on your son's return ? 

2....jpg