Chocolate293068

I need to upgrade to plus to get a copy of my 2017 1040 to apply for school loans. The website is not giving me the option since turbo is getting ready for the 2019 tax season. What can I do? I went t

Until December when the transition is complete, and you can get PLUS, your other option is to get a free transcript from the IRS:

You can get a free transcript from the IRS:   

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

cbutch

So this indicates that you are not able to help in any way. I payed each year for an upgraded version to file and in the past could get my returns as needed.  Suddenly I have to pay...again?  And, on a separate note, if it is known that you are not able to upgrade to PLUS to download during a set window (albeit vaguely stated as "until December"), then this should be stated very clearly when users try to download old returns instead of stating to upgrade.  I now have to wait or try to navigate the IRS site and then wait.  For a large tax company, this would seem to be unacceptable and borders on greedy that I now have to pay yet again after paying to have my taxes prepared the first time.