maegif-gmail-com

I need to to pay into SS for disability recent work credit points. It says I don't owe SE tax. How do I get turbo tax to calculate the SE on my clergy housing allowance?

I have reported my $6,000 housing allowance and tried to get the SE form to calculate my SE taxes, but it keeps reporting I do not owe SE taxes. I need it to calculate it at 12.5%.
Bsch4477

maegif-gmail-com

Under he clergy info I checked "need to pay self employment tax." Under enter housing allowance, I entered the $6,000.

maegif-gmail-com

It was not reported on W-2 as the housing allowance was the only income.

maegif-gmail-com

I finally got it to calculate. I am not even sure how. I hope it works to report my work credits to Social Security. If it doesn't report properly, I will have to go to an accountant and amend my taxes. It is frustrating that the software asks the appropriate questions but does not automatically calculate the SE taxes. I had to report it under non farm income and it limited the amount it was calculating from to $5880.