odj250

I need to file my taxes (w2) and my mom self employed taxes (babysitter). what product should I use? thanks

my mom did not get a 1099.

When you use Online TurboTax, you get one return per fee.  Each return needs its own account and user ID.   If you use the same account and user ID for a second return, you overwrite the first one and lose it forever.

When you use Desktop TurboTax, which you install from a CD or download to your own hard drive, you can prepare and e-file multiple returns for the cost of the software.  You can e-file up to 5 Federal returns—more if you mail the additional ones.  If you have multiple returns to prepare for family members, Desktop is more cost effective.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901306-how-many-times-can-i-e-file-using-the-turbotax-cd-or-downl...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2942039-what-s-the-difference-between-turbotax-online-and-the-turb...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2750704-what-are-the-advantages-of-the-turbotax-cd-download-softwa...

odj250

Thanks. Ok. I have the desktop turbo tax installed. I filed my taxes last week (efile), but since my mom is self employed, I can not see the option to file self employed with this version. It only asks for W2. what can I do? I bought this one at costco for 49 dls.  

Desktop Deluxe can be used to prepare your mom's return.  It has the capability to prepare a schedule C for her self-employment income from babysitting.   

Desktop Deluxe has the capability to prepare the schedule C your mom needs for her self-employment income from babysitting,  You should not need to spend more money for another version of the software.
odj250

ok. let me try that. Thank you.  One more thing: If I want to deduct interest for the car loan that I paid for 2018....where do I enter that on turbo tax?

You said you get a W-2.  Your car loan is not deductible.
odj250

really? ok. thanks
odj250

Thank you for all the help. I have one more question: I have 3 kids, I pay baby sitter (5,800 a year).  we make around 150k a year.  Someone told me that it will be better for me to use the flex spending account to pay for babysitter since is pretax, than paying directly with checks and then claiming the expense in my taxes.  what will be better for me? When I did my taxes this year turbotax said that we didn't qualified for the child credit because of the income.