wyoming-jo

I need to file my taxes for 2016. I received an extension but was not able to pay in Oct. How can I file and can I have what I owe just taken out of my 2017 refund?

The TurboTax online editions for tax year 2016 have closed.  The current online editons are only for tax year 2017.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for completing a prior year tax return started with the online editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2559403-how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-started-in-turb...

A 2016 tax return can only be printed and mailed, it cannot be e-filed.

There is no process for paying for one of the TurboTax desktop editions with a federal tax refund.  You have to purchase the software with a credit or debit card.

Any taxes owed on the 2016 tax return are due and payable to the IRS and cannot be deducted from a 2017 federal tax refund.