sterling_1

I need to file my 2017 taxes before I can start on my 2018

what do i need to do
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CarolynM
Level 1

You need to use a TurboTax CD/Download product to complete your 2017 return. The IRS is no longer accepting these returns by e-file, you will need to print and mail your return.

Follow this link to get started: Past Years Products

You can then begin to complete your 2018 tax return with either TurboTax Online or TurboTax CD.

When completing your 2018 return and want to e-file, report your 2017 AGI of $0, regardless of what it actually was. The IRS will not have the real AGI because you are filing after October, 2018. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CarolynM
Level 1

You need to use a TurboTax CD/Download product to complete your 2017 return. The IRS is no longer accepting these returns by e-file, you will need to print and mail your return.

Follow this link to get started: Past Years Products

You can then begin to complete your 2018 tax return with either TurboTax Online or TurboTax CD.

When completing your 2018 return and want to e-file, report your 2017 AGI of $0, regardless of what it actually was. The IRS will not have the real AGI because you are filing after October, 2018. 

Katrinaj56

Is this the site where i can file 2017 and 2018 taxes

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

Online preparation and e-filing for 2017 and 2018 is permanently closed.  If you need to prepare a return for 2017 and 2018 you can purchase and download desktop software to do it, then print, sign,  and mail the return(s)  Prior Year TurboTax Products

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v