turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to file Form 8379 for Injured Spouse Relief. I've completed but it's telling me there is no difference in the first return I filed and this one. Please explain.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaR

I need to file Form 8379 for Injured Spouse Relief. I've completed but it's telling me there is no difference in the first return I filed and this one. Please explain.

You will not see a difference in your tax return on TurboTax.  This is because the IRS has to approve your Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation and then the IRS will evaluate and determine how much of the refund will be returned to the Injured Spouse.  Once the IRS approves and determines the amount that will be refunded to the Injured Spouse, they will submit the refund.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PatriciaR

You will not see a difference in your tax return on TurboTax.  This is because the IRS has to approve your Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation and then the IRS will evaluate and determine how much of the refund will be returned to the Injured Spouse.  Once the IRS approves and determines the amount that will be refunded to the Injured Spouse, they will submit the refund.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies