maggieobey19

I need to do my taxes for 2017 and 2018. I just purchased the 2019 software. Where and how much is it to get 17 and 18? thanks

Go to this TurboTax website for the prior year (2016 thru 2018) desktop editions - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

You can prepare 2019 using 2019 software .  Use "zero" as the AGI in order to e-file it.

Each tax year must be prepared with the software specific to the year.   Mail 2017 and 3018 in separate envelopes.  Do not combine them.

To file a return for a prior tax year

If you need to prepare a return for 2016, 2017, or 2018 you can purchase and download desktop software to do it, then print, sign,  and mail the return(s)

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

Remember to prepare your state return as well—if you live in a state that has a state income tax.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Note:  The desktop software you need to prepare the prior year return must be installed/downloaded to a full PC or Mac.  It cannot be used on a mobile device.

If you are getting a refund, there is not a penalty for filing past the deadline.  If you owe taxes, the interest/penalties will be calculated by the IRS based on how much you owe and when they receive your return and payment. The IRS will bill you for this; it will not be calculated by TurboTax.