Solved: I need to amend 2018. I have form rrb-1099 (blue c...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to amend 2018. I have form rrb-1099 (blue copy). I see instructions there that say 'select the JUMP TO link'. Where do I find this link?

The answer I found previously says 'Search for rob-1099 and select the Jump to link in the search results.' There doesn't seem to be a link.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15

I need to amend 2018. I have form rrb-1099 (blue copy). I see instructions there that say 'select the JUMP TO link'. Where do I find this link?

You cannot update a 2018 return Online.  You need the 2018 TurboTax Amendment software which you download & install on your computer. 

Let’s get your 2018 tax return amended

We’ll help you make corrections or updates to your
IRS accepted 2018 tax return

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/amend/ty18/

Form RRB-1099 (Payments by the Railroad Retirement Board) – this form is blue and reports Social Security equivalent benefits payments, which are entered in the same place as SSA-1099s for conventional Social Security benefits.

• Click the Federal Taxes tab
  • Click Wages & Income.
  • Click "I'll choose what I work on" or "Jump to a full list."
  • On the screen "Your 2018 Income Summary," scroll down to the section "Retirement Plans and Social Security."
  • Click the Start, Update, or Revisit button for "Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099)."
  • On the next screen, select "Yes, let's work on Social Security benefits" and click Continue.
  • On the next screen, "Tell Us About the Benefits You Received," check the box for "Social Security benefits (Form SSA-1099)," then enter the amounts indicated on the screen. If you are filing a joint return, be sure to enter the amounts in the column for the correct person.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Level 15

You cannot update a 2018 return Online.  You need the 2018 TurboTax Amendment software which you download & install on your computer. 

Let’s get your 2018 tax return amended

We’ll help you make corrections or updates to your
IRS accepted 2018 tax return

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/amend/ty18/

Form RRB-1099 (Payments by the Railroad Retirement Board) – this form is blue and reports Social Security equivalent benefits payments, which are entered in the same place as SSA-1099s for conventional Social Security benefits.

• Click the Federal Taxes tab
  • Click Wages & Income.
  • Click "I'll choose what I work on" or "Jump to a full list."
  • On the screen "Your 2018 Income Summary," scroll down to the section "Retirement Plans and Social Security."
  • Click the Start, Update, or Revisit button for "Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099)."
  • On the next screen, select "Yes, let's work on Social Security benefits" and click Continue.
  • On the next screen, "Tell Us About the Benefits You Received," check the box for "Social Security benefits (Form SSA-1099)," then enter the amounts indicated on the screen. If you are filing a joint return, be sure to enter the amounts in the column for the correct person.

View solution in original post

Level 15

RRB-1099: Railroad Benefits: Where do I report form RRB-1099 or RRB-1099-R?

To report the BLUE portion of Railroad Retirement, go to:

• Federal Section
  • Income (Enter Myself)
  • IRA/Pension Distributions
  • Social Security Benefits/RRB-1099

Enter the amount from the Blue Box, Box 5, Net Social Security Equivalent Benefit portion of Tier 1 Paid in the current tax year, on the Taxpayer's or Spouse's Social Security Benefits line. 

To report the GREEN portion of Railroad Retirement, go to:

• Federal Section
  • Income (Enter Myself)
  • IRA/Pension Distributions
  • RRB-1099-R 
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings