Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I need my w2 from Walmart. I don't know my EIN because I no longer work there.

I moved to different states. I need my w-2 for this year. 

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I need my w2 from Walmart. I don't know my EIN because I no longer work there.

@Nasro Jama  wrote:

I moved to different states. I need my w-2 for this year. 

The only place to get your W-2 is from your employer.  Contact your employer for the 2020 W-2 and give them your new address.

I need my W2 as a former employee of Walmart 

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

As mentioned above, only Walmart can provide you with your W-2. 

However, please look at the TurboTax Help articles below for more information.

What if it's February but I still don't have my W-2?

Can I use my last pay stub if I don't have my W-2 yet?

can u please help me get my w2

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

What To Do If You Haven't Received a W-2

• Step 1: Check online.  Many employers now issue Form W-2 electronically to employees. But that doesn't mean they'll always email the form to you, as it isn't particularly secure. Instead, they'll email you a link to an online portal where you can download the form yourself.
  • Step 2: Ask your employer.  If your online search leaves you empty-handed, contact your employer's payroll or human resources department to ask when and how they issued your W-2. If they mailed it to an old or incorrect address, the post office may have returned it to the employer.
  • Step 3: Contact the IRS.  What happens if your employer truly never issued your W-2? Perhaps they went out of business or aren’t responding to your request for a W-2? In that case, it's time to try contacting the IRS. Find a local IRS office 

Be ready to provide the following information:

• Your name, address, Social Security number, and phone number
  • The employer's name, address, phone number and Tax ID if you have it
  • The dates you worked for the employer
  • An estimate of your wages and federal income tax withheld (you can usually find this information on your last pay stub for the tax year)
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I need my W-2 send to a new address 

Please contact Walmart and ask them to send your W2 to your new address.  

Here is the EIN and Contact Information for Walmart

An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number, and is used to identify a business entity. 

Faith

I need my W2 from Walmart because I no longer work there 

You have to ask Walmart for it.

is there any way I can get my EIN i can't get my w2 form for 17,19,20 i got to file

W-2's come from your employer.   TurboTax cannot get your employer's EIN for you.   If you filed a past tax return that had a W-2 from that employer then the EIN would be in the worksheets.  But you still would not be able to import W-2's from any year other than 2020 even if you have the EIN.   

You might need to phone, drop in, email and/or snail mail an old employer to make sure they know where to send your W-2.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2561916-how-can-i-get-a-copy-of-my-w-2

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1934390-how-do-i-import-my-W-2

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2588751-why-can-t-i-import-my-w-2

And….SAVE YOUR OWN W-2!  TURBOTAX DOES NOT SAVE IT FOR YOU.  TurboTax will not have a copy of it in your account and will not have an image even if you snapped a photo.  It is up to you to save it for your own records as stated on the back of the W-2.

Other ways to get W-2’s:

Pay Social Security $90 per W-2:

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...

You can get a wage and income transcript from the IRS:  It will not show the actual W-2, 1099’s, etc, but will show the income information the IRS received.  It will not, however, show your state information. It will only show the federal information.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

You have until May 17 to file your 2017 return or your 2017 refund will be forfeited.   If you owe tax due you still have to pay no matter how late you file.

Each tax year has to be filed separately using the forms for the specific tax year.  They cannot be combined in any way--do not even put them in the same envelope when you mail them.  Software for past years is available back to 2017.  Any earlier years can only be prepared on paper forms by hand--and those refunds have been forfeited now.

The current online program can only be used for a 2020 return--no other year.  And if you did not file a 2019 return you will have trouble e-filing 2020.  When it asks for your 2019 AGI try using zero.  If zero does not work then you have to print, sign and mail 2020.

Online preparation and e-filing for 2017, 2018 and 2019 is permanently closed.

To file a return for a prior tax year

If you need to prepare a return for 2017, 2018, or 2019 you can purchase and download desktop software to do it, then print, sign,  and mail the return(s)

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

You may also want to explore purchasing the software from various retailers such as Amazon, Costco, Best Buy, Walmart, Sam’s, etc.

Remember to prepare your state return as well—if you live in a state that has a state income tax.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Federal and state returns must be in separate envelopes and they are mailed to different addresses.  Read the mailing instructions that print with your tax return carefully so you mail them to the right addresses.

Note:  The desktop software you need to prepare the prior year return must be installed/downloaded to a full PC or Mac.  It cannot be used on a mobile device.

If you are getting a refund, there is not a penalty for filing past the deadline.  If you owe taxes, the interest/penalties will be calculated by the IRS based on how much you owe and when they receive your return and payment. The IRS will bill you for this; it will not be calculated by TurboTax.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

How can I get my w2 forms

Ask your employers for another copy.

Please send me my w2 from formerly working for walmart in 2020.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies