turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need help with the health insurance part because I do not have a 1095-A I have a 1095-B

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I need help with the health insurance part because I do not have a 1095-A I have a 1095-B

You do not need your Form 1095-B to file your tax return.  The TurboTax interview will just ask you questions about your health coverage but your form 1095-B isn’t needed. Just keep the form for your personal records.

When you go through that Health Insurance section, just be sure to select We all had health insurance coverage all year (if you are the only person on the return) to the question that asks Did you have health insurance coverage in 2016? 

And you want to select No to the question Was anyone enrolled in any of the less common plans in 2016?

NOTE: If you are not the only person on your return and others may not have had coverage, select I'll pick who had it and which months and follow prompts from there.

joemieh

Why are you referencing 2016 when the question was for 2020? Didn't things change in 4 years

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies