evestal1976

I need help fixing this rejection I don't know what to do I didn't file last year thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ReginaM

Being rejected means that some things on your return don't match what the IRS has in their database. Here's how you can fix it.

Check for an email from turbotax@intuit.com. (Check your spam) It will give you a brief explanation of your reject and how to update it.  If you didn't get an email, open your return to get the rejection reason.

Sign in to your account and select the Fix my return button. Follow any “fix it” instructions to update the information causing the rejection.

Not all rejections will have explicit guides to fix the information. You’ll need to navigate to the program area to address the cause of the rejection, then proceed to the final step.

If what you originally entered is correct, you won't be able to e-file. There's probably a data mismatch at the government, a dependent that's already been claimed, or some other situation beyond your control that prevents your return from being e-filed.If this is the case, file a paper return.

To Re-File your return and if you were guided through fixing your reject, select the option to refile when you’ve finished.

If you had to navigate to the area in the program yourself, when you’ve finished, select File in the left-hand menu (mobile devices: go to the upper-left corner to open the side menu, then select File). Follow the onscreen instructions to either e-file your return or file by mail.

If you get the same rejection a second time and you see no mistakes on your return, select the File by mail option to paper-file your return.

If it Rejected for the AGI then try putting in 0 since you didn't file 2018.  Did you start a return last year and it prefilled in the AGI for you?

DollyR

My daughter has tried submitting few times and keeps getting rejected saying something about the AGI. We use the data from tax transcript from irs for 2018 too. My taxes should be so simple. I get SS and no need for anything but simple filing. Can i talk to someone with TurboTax? Is there phone number to call?