Solved: I need a copy of my Hawaii state tax return that was e-mailed to the state.

jchastrup

I need a copy of my Hawaii state tax return that was e-mailed to the state.

mesquitebean

I'll tell you 3 ways to print.  If the first 2 don't have the state return, you'll need to use the more complicated method.

Log into your account and go the 2016 Tax Timeline
Scroll to "some things you can do".  
You should be able to "download/print the PDF", which is a basic version.  Does that have what you need?

If the regular PDF doesn't have the state return, there should also be a link there for "download all forms and worksheets" .   Does that second larger PDF have the state return?

If not, try this alternate method which is to open the return and print from the PRINT CENTER:

• In the 2016 Tax Timeline, go to Some things you can do.
  • Choose Add a State.  (you don't really add one; that's just to get the return to open up.)
  • Once the return is open, then click on MY ACCOUNT up at the top.
  • Then choose PRINT CENTER.
  • Choose to "print/save/view this year's return."  You may have a choice for a PDF "as filed" and one with "all forms and worksheets".  I usually save both.
NOTE:  Do NOT use this method to open a return to make changes to an already-filed return (one that has actually been mailed or efiled.)   If you later need to make changes, you have to go through the formal amending process, and your return must start off exactly as originally filed.

mesquitebean

I presume you mean "efiled."    Has your efiled Hawaii return been accepted yet?
jchastrup

My return has been accepted by the state.
jchastrup

#######
mesquitebean

I have no idea what that that 7-digit number was all about, but I removed it from this public forum.
mesquitebean

Scroll to "some things you can do".  

• Then choose PRINT CENTER.